Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Aronia Vinaigrette
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 oz reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1 c.)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Sawmill Hallow Family Farms Aronia Cheyenne Vinaigrette
- For the salad, in a heavy sauté pan, toast the quinoa on medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to boiling, then carefully pour water into the quinoa. Add salt to taste; cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; let cool.
- Add blueberries, feta, walnuts, parsley and bell pepper. Toss, then add aronia vinaigrette and toss again.
Daily nutritional values:
|15 % vitamin A||6% calcium|
|25% vitamin C||8% iron|
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
|Calories: 180||Protein: 7g|
|Carbohydrate: 23g||Saturated Fat: 1.5g|
|Cholesterol: 5mg||Sodium: 230mg|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||Sugar: 8g|
|Fat: 7g||Trans fats: 0g|