Crustless Zucchini and Roma Tomato Quiche
- 1 dozen eggs (or Egg Beaters equivalent)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, 1 to 1½ cups of grape tomatoes or any homegrown tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cottage cheese (low or nonfat)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (may omit if you want to make a lower fat version)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (lite or low fat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely diced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano, finely diced (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- Melt butter in skillet; add minced garlic, diced zucchini and diced tomatoes. Sauté until soft.
- Add basil and oregano, mix well and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spray two, deep-dish glass pie pans (or one 9×13 inch glass-baking dish) with cooking spray. Then fill with contents of mixing bowl.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; then cut into wedges and serve.
COOK’S TIPS: this may be prepared in advance (except for the baking) and then refrigerated, covered overnight.