Rye Bread Appetizers
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 loaves of party rye bread (which come in slices that are approximately 2” x 2”)
- Brown meat with garlic; drain.
- Then add Velveeta, oregano and Worchestershire.
- Cook on low until cheese melts.
- On a large cookie sheet(s), lay out rye bread pieces.
- Top the bread with meat/cheese mixture.
- TO SAVE FOR LATER: Place cookie sheet in freezer until frozen, and then place in freezer bags. This way you can take some out and use it whenever you want.
- TO COOK: place in oven at 350° for 20 minutes or when cheese is ready.
COOK’S TIP: Watch carefully so the cheese doesn’t burn.