Sausage and Cheese "Egg roll" Wraps
- 1 package egg roll wraps
- 1 lb. package seasoned sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese or less if desired
- Cook sausage, chopped onion and green pepper in skillet and drain excess fat.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and mix. (No need to melt cheddar cheese.)
- Scoop a few spoonfuls onto egg roll wrap and wrap like traditional egg roll. (One package makes about 18 wraps.)
- Place on cookie sheet and spray with butter cooking spray or egg whites.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. You can make these ahead and bake as needed.
COOK’S NOTE: These are not egg rolls in the traditional sense. They are great for an appetizer, breakfast, and are a fan favorite for tailgating at ISU games. This is a easy recipe to modify. I usually make two batches – one with veggies and one without. You can also add cayenne pepper, water chestnuts, or adjust the cheeses to your taste.