Slow Cooked Texas Pulled Pork
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tsp. dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 Tbsp. butter, or as needed
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth.
- Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks.
- Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter.
- Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown.
- Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
Note: Great tip when using a slow cooker, always use Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners. Easy clean up!
From Beth Caple
One of our family’s favorite meals is Slow Cooked Texas Pulled Pork, which I found on allrecipes.com. Because we always have pork in our freezer, I enjoy trying new pork recipes. As a working mother of three very active children, I always appreciate being able to serve a delicious and nutritious meal without a lot of hassle (or dishes!). This recipe serves 8, and the prep time is only 15 minutes.