Cardinal & Gold Cream Cheese Burgers
- 2 pounds ground hamburger
- 1 packet (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 T seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 red chili pepper
- 8 oz Neufchatel cheese (substitute: 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 1/4 medium onion, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 t seasoning salt
- 1/2 t cumin
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 buns
- Mix hamburger, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, 1 T seasoning salt and 1 egg in large bowl.
- Form into 6 round patties; make thumb print in middle of each patty so cooks evenly.
- Place on pre-heated grill.
- Grill each side 3 to 4 minutes.
- When place burgers on grill, also put cleaned (pith and seeds taken out) yellow, red and chili peppers.
- Once peppers are cooked, after a few minutes, take peppers off grill to dice.
- To diced grilled peppers, add 8 oz cream cheese, onion, garlic, 1 t seasoning salt and cumin.
- Mix with spoon in medium bowl till evenly combined.
- Once hamburgers are almost done (couple minutes remaining) place large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of each burger.
- Add slice of cheddar cheese on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Serve on hamburger buns when done being cooked and cheese is melted.
Click Here, to see the recipe done step-by-step with pictures.