- 1 tsp. Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 T. cold water
- 2 T. boiling water
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. heavy cream (whipping cream – very cold)
- Freeze mixing bowl and beaters.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved (mixture must be clear).
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in small, cold mixing bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into wine glasses.
- Chill about ½ hour.
COOK’S TIP: I like to top the mousse with fresh raspberries before serving.
Makes 4, ½-cup servings