Beer Battered Walleye
- 4 large baking potatoes, cut into French fry strips
- 1 Cup All-Purpose flour
- 1 Egg lightly beaten - room temperature
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup lager or amber (beer) room temp
- dash Cavenders seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- dash salt and pepper
- 4 walleye fillets
- Heat canola OR peanut oil to frying temperature(350° to 375°).
- Roll fillets in a towel to dry them off.
- Combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Dredge walleye fillets through beer batter.
- Fry until golden brown - about 5 minutes per side.