- 1 pound hamburger, browned
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (choose whichever brand/amount of heat you would use on a normal taco)
- 1 onion, medium-fine chopped and sautéed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced and sauteed with onion
- 1 large box or can of beef broth
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can rotel (can use salsa)
- ½ tsp. cilantro (only if dried, fresh cilantro will be much stronger, add to your liking for taste)
- 1 pkg. medium tortilla shells cut into squares (pizza cutter works great for this) Use these as “crackers” for your soup and add to your individual bowl when serving.
- Cook over medium heat covered for approx. 30 minutes, or enough to allow flavors to meld.
- Can also slow-cook in the crock pot.
- You’ll notice the measurements are vague as I didn’t include specific can/box sizes.
- This recipe isn’t dependant on perfect measurements or ingredients.
- I often substitute/add extra home-canned veggies, salsas, broth etc.