Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Then add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining two tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with streusel topping.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Photo from Taste of Home
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel topping