Almond Cookie Bites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fisher Chef's Natural Whole Almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 36 Fisher Chef's Naturals Whole Almonds
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl combine flour, chopped almonds, allspice, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and powdered sugar using electric mixer.
- Add almond extract.
- Stir in flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Shape level tablespoons of cookie dough to form balls.
- Place on baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Gently press 1 almond into center of each ball.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over cookies.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool cookies 3 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack; cool completely.