Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 3-4lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 12 oz. package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and sage.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, drain raspberries; reserve liquid, adding water if necessary, to make 3/4 cup. Combine 1/2 cup raspberry liquid with sugar, vinegar, cloves, ginger and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup liquid; add to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in raspberries, lemon juice, butter and food coloring.
- Place roast on a platter; serve with sauce.