Now that autumn is “officially” here, it was high time to make some of my family’s favorite fall recipes. Since we were hosting friends on Sunday, I opted to prepare a meal that was easy to make ahead of time. All of the meal prep was complete on Saturday, so all I had to do was pop everything in the oven on Sunday. Our menu consisted of meatballs, party potatoes, caramel apple salad, green beans and zucchini bread.
What’s your favorite fall menu? You can submit your recipes by simply clicking on the “comment” button below.
Caramel Apple Salad
- 6 small apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1- 8oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple (do NOT drain)
- 1- 8oz. box sugar-free butterscotch pudding (unprepared)
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz. Cool Whip®
- 1/4c. chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together and stir well. Gently fold in the Cool Whip, and then transfer to another bowl. Chill and serve. (NOTE: Nuts will get mushy, so I usually wait to add the nuts until right before serving.)
- 3 lb ground ham
- 3 lb hamburger
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1-1/2c. milk
1/4c. brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, graham crackers and milk.
- Add ground beef and ground ham. Mix well.
- Shape into balls, about 1/4c. each.
- Cook in hot oil in a large skillet until browned, shaking skillet gently to turn meatballs.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels and top.